Phone: Main office: 01977 727901
Manager’s office: 01977 722851
Out of hours (Evenings & Weekends): 01977 722862
Star House is a purpose built residential home that provides planned short breaks (respite) to children and young people with learning disabilities and associated complex health care needs and/or challenging behaviours. Star House is able to meet the health care needs of children with very complex need - health and/or behavioural. Star House accommodates children aged 8 - 17yrs, but can take 5-8yrs in exceptional circumstances. Star House provides a safe and supportive environment for children and young people. Star House is also able to provide some domiciliary care in emergency situations. There are qualified nurses and health care / residential workers who work within the unit.
- Promote opportunities to help disabled children and young people achieve their full potential.
- Provide accommodation which is suitably adapted and meets the needs of disabled children and young people.
- Provide a safe and supportive environment where children and young people are listened to an encouraged to express their needs, wishes and feelings.
- Promote opportunities for children and young people to make choices.
- Develop individual care programmes to meet the needs of each child or young person.
- Support and work with family members and significant others, in meeting each child or young person's needs.
- Assess and take acceptable risks in order to enable children and young people to develop to their full potential.
- To actively support transition between services (education, other children's service providers and adult services) to achieve an effective move that supports the child and the family.