You can follow your religion whilst being in care. If you have been brought up in a religion, and it is important to you, your social worker should help you in making sure you can follow your religious beliefs.

This may include:
• Going to a particular place of worship
• Going to special classes for religious instruction
• Going to a particular school
• Eating, or not eating, certain foods
• Wearing your traditional dress, rather than western clothes
• Not having your hair cut

What else would you like to see on this page?  Send your ideas or writings to